SPOILERS for the extended demo, through week five.
On Windday of the fifth week of the summit, Riani and Madlyn met for a friendly breakfast engagement in one of the castle's many private parlors. Riani had promised Madlyn that she would encourage the waitstaff to serve them some traditional Jiyelian breakfast dishes, which the Countess was eager to try. Having been dragged to the summit most unwillingly, the young Countess was now making up for lost time, and had taken a deep interest in the cultural traditions of her fellow delegates. It boded well for her chances of fulfilling her mission for the Wellish Crown, and protecting her people in the process.
"I don't envy you the task," said Madlyn frankly, once Riani had made a point of loading her plate with an assortment of favorites. "I would freeze in my tracks if I had to act in front of so many people. Not just the other delegates, but the whole castle staff!" She shuddered.
"You didn't have any trouble speaking in front of a crowd last week," replied Riani. "And the stakes were quite a bit higher, then, too."
"Exactly," said Madlyn, nodding her head energetically. "A girl's life was at stake, I couldn't very well fail her. But I confess I've had enough of that kind of attention to last... quite some time. I'm perfectly glad to work behind the scenes."
"For the rest of the summit," asked Riani, "or just for the moment? Because I don't envy you the lack of lines to memorize, that's for certain."
Madlyn laughed. "I thought you had half of the Jiyelian poetic canon memorized," she said. "Surely a few melodramatic love speeches aren't much of a challenge by comparison."
"It's a good thing I excelled at debate club," replied Riani.
"And you'll be acting opposite Princess Penelope," said Madlyn. "That's not to be dismissed. The Princess adores you, I've seen you two together. You might as well already be sisters."
Riani smiled. "Penelope speaks well of you, also."
"It'll lend credence to the performance," said Madlyn, though secretly she was more than pleased to hear she'd formed a good impression, even though she'd never expected to like the Princess of Wellin half as much as she did.
"How go things with your betrothed?" asked Riani, apropos of nothing.
"Ana?" said Madlyn, frowning. "Very well, I think. Well, not I think. I'm pretty sure."
"Pretty sure?" teased Riani. "Surely you know your own fiancee's mind. She's not terribly difficult to read."
"I think she's worried about how well I'll fit in, in Skalt," said Madlyn, still frowning.
Riani raised an eyebrow. "I'm certain no lady at the summit could be a better fit among Skalt's renowned warrior women, Madlyn. You were practically born to emigrate to Skalt."
"That's what I said!" said Madlyn, flapping her hands. "All the same, now that I've spent more time with Ana's warriors, I can tell it will be a long time before I can hope to keep up with them. Even though it almost feels like I've been training for this my whole life."
"Well," admitted Riani, "being able to throw an opponent over your shoulder, however impressive it is, may not be quite the same as facing an armed man in cold-blooded battle."
Madlyn nodded. "I know."
"I have faith that you'll make the best of it, Madlyn," said Riani. "Besides, where else but Skalt will you have the opportunity to wed a dashing warrior princess?"
"There are not a lot of opportunities like this for people like us," said Madlyn.
"People like you," corrected Riani. "Prince Lisle is most impressed by your feats in winning the approval of the Skaltic delegation. Impressed and, dare I say, affected."
"I know," said Madlyn quietly. "He told me."
Riani raised an eyebrow. "Is that where he was, yesterday morning? I should have thought to check Penelope's room."
Madlyn laughed. "We had a very good conversation. I think it eased his mind."
"You know the Prince is not always quick to share such things," said Riani, "and I'm sure you understand why. If you were able to ease his mind, Madlyn, then you did a service to him, and to me."
Madlyn smiled and frowned and hesitated, but finally opened her mouth to ask, "Riani, why did you decide to make... a choice like that?"
Riani's smile was sleek and mysterious, like a cat. "My reasons are my own, Madlyn," she said. "Rest assured, however, that I am not sacrificing anything to make the choice that I have made."
This gave her pause. "I think I understand."
Riani pressed her hand on top of Madlyn's on the table. "Don't worry about it."
"You'll make Wellin a very good Crown Princess," said Madlyn, "and someday, a very good Queen."
"Not too soon, I hope," said Riani with a light laugh.
Madlyn hastened to agree.
"Come on," said Riani. "If I don't rush, I'll be late to the rehearsal, and I'm certain the mistress of the theatrical sets has duties to attend to, also."
Ana is getting worried about Jiyel!MC. (No, not about winning her heart, thought there's that, too.) At the dinners, she's barely been touching her food at all, and not even someone who spends all her time inside reading should look that pale. Then, one day, Jiyel!MC suddenly collapses, and Ana finds herself helpless against a deadly enemy.
Basically, the poison takes its toll, and Ana goes into a stricken panic, desperate to find out what's wrong and save her beloved.
A princess. She's fallen in love with a princess. A princess who's here for the specific purpose of marrying some prince or lord, no less, but that hardly makes a difference, does it? Even if she had no such duties, even if she had the same... interests as the Princess of Skalt, why should she spare a mere maid like Ria a second thought? But every time she spares Ria one of those radiant smiles, every time she thanks her... none of that seems to matter.
A countess, a captain and a warrior princess set out on a noble quest across the castle of Vail: to defy authority and propriety, avoid detection and puncture the dignity of all the poof poof froofies. In other words, it's prank time! Nobody is safe!
(Well, except for Princess Penelope. That would just be mean.)
While exploring Vail's library - perhaps inspired by her new friend Jiyel!MC - Princess Penelope comes across the castle's collection of smutty literature.
Jasper is a good deal older than he seems, but even he was young once. Show us the adorkable, silver-haired young man who is nervous about his very first Summit, but determined to do his very best.
MC returns to her chambers, worn down and rather depressed after a particularly tough day. After helping tend to her as best she can, she prepares to leave. She can scarce believe her ears when MC asks her to stay. "I think I need a friendly face to be around right now."
Example Prompt: MC/Jasper
Date: 2015-07-26 10:16 am (UTC)Example Prompt: servants gossiping
Date: 2015-07-26 10:20 am (UTC)Example Prompt: Hise!MC/everyone
Date: 2015-07-26 10:29 am (UTC)Any two MCs
Date: 2015-07-26 07:20 pm (UTC)Breakfast for two (Wellin!MC/Ana, Jiyel!MC & Lisle)
Date: 2018-03-12 11:45 am (UTC)On Windday of the fifth week of the summit, Riani and Madlyn met for a friendly breakfast engagement in one of the castle's many private parlors. Riani had promised Madlyn that she would encourage the waitstaff to serve them some traditional Jiyelian breakfast dishes, which the Countess was eager to try. Having been dragged to the summit most unwillingly, the young Countess was now making up for lost time, and had taken a deep interest in the cultural traditions of her fellow delegates. It boded well for her chances of fulfilling her mission for the Wellish Crown, and protecting her people in the process.
"I don't envy you the task," said Madlyn frankly, once Riani had made a point of loading her plate with an assortment of favorites. "I would freeze in my tracks if I had to act in front of so many people. Not just the other delegates, but the whole castle staff!" She shuddered.
"You didn't have any trouble speaking in front of a crowd last week," replied Riani. "And the stakes were quite a bit higher, then, too."
"Exactly," said Madlyn, nodding her head energetically. "A girl's life was at stake, I couldn't very well fail her. But I confess I've had enough of that kind of attention to last... quite some time. I'm perfectly glad to work behind the scenes."
"For the rest of the summit," asked Riani, "or just for the moment? Because I don't envy you the lack of lines to memorize, that's for certain."
Madlyn laughed. "I thought you had half of the Jiyelian poetic canon memorized," she said. "Surely a few melodramatic love speeches aren't much of a challenge by comparison."
"It's a good thing I excelled at debate club," replied Riani.
"And you'll be acting opposite Princess Penelope," said Madlyn. "That's not to be dismissed. The Princess adores you, I've seen you two together. You might as well already be sisters."
Riani smiled. "Penelope speaks well of you, also."
"It'll lend credence to the performance," said Madlyn, though secretly she was more than pleased to hear she'd formed a good impression, even though she'd never expected to like the Princess of Wellin half as much as she did.
"How go things with your betrothed?" asked Riani, apropos of nothing.
"Ana?" said Madlyn, frowning. "Very well, I think. Well, not I think. I'm pretty sure."
"Pretty sure?" teased Riani. "Surely you know your own fiancee's mind. She's not terribly difficult to read."
"I think she's worried about how well I'll fit in, in Skalt," said Madlyn, still frowning.
Riani raised an eyebrow. "I'm certain no lady at the summit could be a better fit among Skalt's renowned warrior women, Madlyn. You were practically born to emigrate to Skalt."
"That's what I said!" said Madlyn, flapping her hands. "All the same, now that I've spent more time with Ana's warriors, I can tell it will be a long time before I can hope to keep up with them. Even though it almost feels like I've been training for this my whole life."
"Well," admitted Riani, "being able to throw an opponent over your shoulder, however impressive it is, may not be quite the same as facing an armed man in cold-blooded battle."
Madlyn nodded. "I know."
"I have faith that you'll make the best of it, Madlyn," said Riani. "Besides, where else but Skalt will you have the opportunity to wed a dashing warrior princess?"
"There are not a lot of opportunities like this for people like us," said Madlyn.
"People like you," corrected Riani. "Prince Lisle is most impressed by your feats in winning the approval of the Skaltic delegation. Impressed and, dare I say, affected."
"I know," said Madlyn quietly. "He told me."
Riani raised an eyebrow. "Is that where he was, yesterday morning? I should have thought to check Penelope's room."
Madlyn laughed. "We had a very good conversation. I think it eased his mind."
"You know the Prince is not always quick to share such things," said Riani, "and I'm sure you understand why. If you were able to ease his mind, Madlyn, then you did a service to him, and to me."
Madlyn smiled and frowned and hesitated, but finally opened her mouth to ask, "Riani, why did you decide to make... a choice like that?"
Riani's smile was sleek and mysterious, like a cat. "My reasons are my own, Madlyn," she said. "Rest assured, however, that I am not sacrificing anything to make the choice that I have made."
This gave her pause. "I think I understand."
Riani pressed her hand on top of Madlyn's on the table. "Don't worry about it."
"You'll make Wellin a very good Crown Princess," said Madlyn, "and someday, a very good Queen."
"Not too soon, I hope," said Riani with a light laugh.
Madlyn hastened to agree.
"Come on," said Riani. "If I don't rush, I'll be late to the rehearsal, and I'm certain the mistress of the theatrical sets has duties to attend to, also."
Hise!MC + Ria + Sayra
Date: 2015-07-29 07:47 am (UTC)Avalie mad scientist AU
Date: 2015-08-03 08:52 am (UTC)Corval!MC/Gisette
Date: 2015-08-06 08:35 pm (UTC)Re: Corval!MC/Gisette
Date: 2015-08-12 12:56 am (UTC)Re: Corval!MC/Gisette
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-18 09:53 am (UTC) - ExpandRe: Corval!MC/Gisette
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-19 02:06 pm (UTC) - ExpandMirror, Mirror - Corval!MC/Gisette
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-23 04:12 pm (UTC) - ExpandOP here
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-24 01:58 pm (UTC) - ExpandJiyel!MC/Anaele, possibly one-sided (Spoilers)
Date: 2015-08-11 01:47 pm (UTC)Basically, the poison takes its toll, and Ana goes into a stricken panic, desperate to find out what's wrong and save her beloved.
Re: Jiyel!MC/Anaele, possibly one-sided (Spoilers)
Date: 2015-08-15 09:14 pm (UTC)Invisible Enemies - Jiyel!MC/Anaele
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-19 10:05 am (UTC) - ExpandRe: Invisible Enemies - Jiyel!MC/Anaele
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-19 01:00 pm (UTC) - Expanda!a
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-25 09:10 am (UTC) - ExpandWellin!MC/Lyon
Date: 2015-08-16 04:14 pm (UTC)Corval!MC/Constance
Date: 2015-08-16 08:07 pm (UTC)Any MC, Any Non-MC Pairing
Date: 2015-08-18 06:43 am (UTC)Re: Any MC, Any Non-MC Pairing
Date: 2015-08-18 08:58 am (UTC)Re: Any MC, Any Non-MC Pairing
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2018-10-01 02:26 am (UTC) - ExpandCorval!MC/Multiple
Date: 2015-08-18 06:58 am (UTC)Arland!MC/Ria, (Possibly) One-Sided, Angst
Date: 2015-08-18 07:37 am (UTC)Wellin!MC, Anaele, Hamin - Rogues Unite!
Date: 2015-08-18 03:18 pm (UTC)(Well, except for Princess Penelope. That would just be mean.)
Revaire!MC/any RO
Date: 2015-08-19 08:44 am (UTC)Penelope - A certain form of literature
Date: 2015-08-19 01:04 pm (UTC)Re: Penelope - A certain form of literature
Date: 2015-08-19 07:29 pm (UTC)Re: Penelope - A certain form of literature
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-10-06 06:49 pm (UTC) - ExpandJasper - Butler-in-training
Date: 2015-08-20 09:29 am (UTC)Re: Jasper - Butler-in-training
Date: 2018-03-17 10:58 pm (UTC)Multifill prompt: MC/Various, Meet the Family
Date: 2015-08-20 02:04 pm (UTC)Alternatively, the reverse: meeting the MC's family.
Bonus points for pairings between opposing nations!
Re: Multifill prompt: MC/Various, Meet the Family
Date: 2015-08-21 04:48 pm (UTC)Re: Multifill prompt: MC/Various, Meet the Family
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-21 05:42 pm (UTC) - ExpandMeet the Family - Widow!MC/Emmett
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-23 07:28 pm (UTC) - ExpandRe: Meet the Family - Widow!MC/Emmett
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-24 11:43 am (UTC) - Expanda!a
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-25 08:22 am (UTC) - ExpandRe: Meet the Family - Widow!MC/Emmett
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-25 11:41 am (UTC) - ExpandGisette gen
Date: 2015-08-20 08:27 pm (UTC)Multifill prompt: any/any, fairytale retelling
Date: 2015-08-22 07:41 am (UTC)Re: Multifill prompt: any/any, fairytale retelling
Date: 2015-08-25 05:16 pm (UTC)I'm hyped.
I'm going to fill this soon for Revaire!MC/Zarad and Cinderella?
Re: Multifill prompt: any/any, fairytale retelling
From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2015-08-26 03:11 pm (UTC) - ExpandArland princess + Penelope
Date: 2015-08-22 05:36 pm (UTC)Corval!MC/Lisle (sort of), unexpected happy endings
Date: 2015-08-23 11:23 am (UTC)Re: Corval!MC/Lisle (sort of), unexpected happy endings
Date: 2015-08-23 04:52 pm (UTC)Corval!MC/Gisette, inevitability
Date: 2015-08-23 11:27 am (UTC)MC, Penelope - Platonic Fluff
Date: 2015-08-23 04:30 pm (UTC)MC/Ria - Comfort and a crush
Date: 2015-08-23 04:40 pm (UTC)